Collection of Personally Identifiable information
We may collect personally identifiable information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. The personal data we collect depends on how you interact with us, the websites you use, and the choices you make. We collect and process personal data about you with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests.
Information you provide directly.
We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, demographics, and other information you provide us. If you make a purchase, we also collect credit card numbers and other payment information.
Information collected automatically.
Echo Park collects certain kinds of information, such as the website that referred you to us, your IP address, browser type and language, and access times. We also may collect navigational information, including information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with the Site. We also collect further information as discussed below under "Web Browser Cookies".
Use of Personally Identifiable information
- provide and deliver services and products, including securing, troubleshooting, improving, and personalizing those products;
- operate and improve the Site and business, including our internal operations and security systems,
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience using the Site,
- process your transactions,
- provide customer service and respond to your questions,
- perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies,
- send you information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages,
- communicate with you about new products, offers, promotions, rewards, contests, upcoming events, and other information about our products (see the Choice and Preferences section of this privacy statement for how to change your preferences for promotional communications), and
- display content, including advertising, that is customized to your interests and preferences.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different sources to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience.
Please note that upon account registration you will be signed up for our marketing communications. Please see "Choice and Preferences" below for how to unsubscribe from these communications.
Location of Personal Data
Sharing of Your Personal Data
We share personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete your transactions or provide the products or services you have requested or authorized. We may also share your personal data within our business group, including with our subsidiaries and affiliates, all of whom may use your data for the purposes disclosed herein.
We may share your personal data with service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may contract with other companies to handle the processing of payments, to provide data storage, to host websites, to fulfill orders and shipments, to assist in direct marketing, analyze your interests and preferences and to conduct audits, etc. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal data they need to provide the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. Echo Park maintains contracts with these third parties requiring their treatment (access, use and disclosure) of personal data to be consistent with our obligations under the law.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal data if we have a good faith understanding we are required to do so by law (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or in the good-faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims, or protect the rights, property or safety of our company, employees, customers, or the public.
Retention of Personal Data
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly based on criteria such as user expectations or consent, the sensitivity of the data, the availability of automated controls that enable users to delete data, and our legal or contractual obligations.
Accessing Your Personal Data
If you would like to review or revise information that you previously provided to us, you may access your information in the "My Account" section of the Site. Our customer service representatives can also assist you in making any changes, as well as in exercising your right to have your personal data deleted. If you need additional assistance, please contact us at email@example.com. You can expect a response from us within 30 days. Please be advised that you cannot change your username without re-registering.
Echo Park uses "cookies" and other technologies like pixel tags, web beacons and similar technologies ("Cookies") to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize and improve your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive or device. Cookies contain information, including personal data that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the Cookie to you. The information that Cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your registration information, and your navigational and purchase history. Pixel tags, also called web beacons, are clear image (i.e., non-visible) files that may be placed on a website, in an email or newsletter, and request information from your device such as your browser type and may assist us in determining your engagement with the content of the Site and emails we send, how many users have visited certain pages, or how users have otherwise engaged with our messages or newsletters. We may use web beacons to help deliver cookies.
Cookies offer you many conveniences:
- They allow us to identify registered users when they return to the Site so that they can retrieve previous product search results, access shopping carts and view their previous invoices.
- Cookies save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
- Cookies enable us to see what actions you take on the Site and other websites. This allows us to deliver personalized content to you and other users, including search results and interest-based targeted advertising on the Site and other websites.
- Cookies help to protect your security by checking your login details and may help prevent fraud.
- Cookies remember your preferences when using the Site.
- Cookies also identify particular customers in the event such customer would like assistance from a live, online customer service representative.
We strive to make the Site user-friendly and helpful to our customers. Our goal is to deliver more personalized products and services to you.
The Site may include Cookies from third-party service providers. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics. For this purpose, Echo Park works with various third-party partners like Amazon, Facebook and Google to see what actions you take on third party websites to deliver our personalized ads to you via third party websites. We use Demographics and Interest reporting features in Google Analytics to inform our requests to our service providers.
- Measure and analyze aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our users on the Site. Information gathered may include, but is not limited to the following: activity of the user browser when the user is visiting the Site, the site path of users, general information regarding the visitor's internet service provider and host, and the time users come to the Site.
- Remember our users' previous search of products and services, and dynamically display more relevant content to them.
- Record users' behavior on the Site, such as pages visited, emails clicked, forms completed and products and services purchased to create customized advertisements and communications that better meet your needs.
- Evaluate user traffic and behavior on the Site to compile activity reports.
- Conduct research and diagnostics to improve our products and services.
- Identify users arriving at the Site via a referral from an affiliate website or sponsored link.
Choice and Preference
Echo Park respects your right to make choices about the use and disclosure of your personal data. If at any time you decide that you do not want to receive marketing emails from us or change the settings in relation to your personal email preferences, you can take the following actions as set out below:
- Marketing Emails: If you do not wish to receive marketing emails, you will have the option of opting out and/or unsubscribing from our emails and mailing lists by adjusting your marketing preferences as follows: (1) checking or unchecking the appropriate box on the applicable Echo Park (provide link); or SnapClick (provide link) email preference page; (2) contacting customer service; (3) sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or (4) following the directions at the bottom of one of our marketing emails. Please note, if you choose not to receive marketing emails, you may still continue to receive transactional or account emails (e.g., purchase confirmations and account balance statements).
- Cookies: You can accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Please be aware that the Site is optimally designed to operate with cookies enabled in your internet browser. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of the Site and services that depend on cookies. This may negatively impact your experience of the Site. If you would like to opt-out from the use of pixel gifs in our emails, please email us at email@example.com. To view Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs for the web, please go here. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, may be deleted and may need to be recreated.
- Mobile Devices: Use your mobile device settings to stop or limit interest-based advertising on that device. For instructions for using the advertising choice mechanisms provided by the most popular mobile operating systems, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Mobile Choices page at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
- Do Not Track. Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, the Site does not currently respond to browser DNT signals. Instead, you can use the range of other tools to control data collection and use, including the cookie controls and advertising controls described above.
European Data Protection Rights
If the processing of personal data about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data;
- If any automated processing of personal data is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of your personal data in a usable and portable format;
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You can to object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal data under certain circumstances; and
- For residents of France, you can send us specific instructions regarding the use of your data after your death.
To make such requests, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns. Please be aware that those rights set out above may not apply in some instances, for example where our right to processing your personal data may be necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
California Privacy Rights
Echo Park and its websites are not currently subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”) because Echo Park does not meet the thresholds of that Act. Nevertheless, Echo Park strives to meet those requirements as a matter of implementing privacy best practices. This notice is provided in the event that you are a California resident and the processing of personal information about you becomes subject to the CCPA, in which case you may have certain rights with respect to that information. In particular, you may have a right to request that companies provide you with the following information:
(1) The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
(2) The categories of sources from which we collect personal information.
(3) The purposes for collecting, using, or selling personal information.
(4) The categories of third parties with which we share personal information.
(5) For companies that disclose personal information for a business purpose, the categories of personal information disclosed about you for a business purpose.
(6) For companies that sell personal information, the categories of personal information sold about you and the categories of third parties to which the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which the personal information was sold.
To make such requests, contact us at email@example.com. Note that we have provided the information described in (2)-(5) in this privacy statement. With respect to (6), note that we do not sell personal information as defined by the CCPA.
You also may have a right to request that we delete personal information under certain circumstances, subject to a number of exceptions. Finally, you may have a right to not be discriminated against for exercising rights set out in the CCPA. Regardless of whether you have rights under the CCPA (or other state privacy statutes), Echo Park respects your privacy and intends to use reasonable efforts to provide you with the protections intended by such statutes.
Privacy Rights Under the Laws of Other States
Echo Park and its websites are not currently subject to the privacy laws of any other States, including Colorado and Virginia. Nevertheless, Echo Park strives to use reasonable efforts to provide Users with the protections intended by any such statutes of which Echo Park is aware.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us. We take appropriate and reasonable steps designed to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For instance, in some cases we encrypt that information in transit using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If a password is used to protect your account and personal data, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
We may link to websites, including those of our third-party service providers, that have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites and encourage you to become acquainted with them prior to use.
Children’s personal data
We do not knowingly permit children (under the age of 18) to sign up for an Echo Park account or to otherwise use the Site. If we discover someone who is underage has signed up for an Echo Park account, we will take reasonable steps to promptly remove that person’s personal information from our records. If you believe a person who is underage has signed up for an Echo Park account, or that the Site has gathered information from or about a person who is underage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or question, you can contact Echo Park by emailing email@example.com or by phone at (385) 477-4205, or by postal mail at Attn: Privacy, Echo Park, Inc., 3575 N. 100 E., Suite 150, Provo, UT 84604.
This document was last updated on February 14, 2023